us on the
Burford Golf Club
The first nine holes of the Burford golf course were designed by J. H. Turner and were opened for play in May of 1936.
With the original clubhouse being demolished in 1964 to make way for the present roundabout at the junction of the A40 and A361 roads, the new clubhouse opened on 29th February 1964. From then until the present time, the building has grown with varying alterations and extensions within the constraints of limited space, but able to cater for the busiest days in the club diary and to provide a warm welcome for visitors.
Early aerial photographs
clearly show a course devoid of trees but members and visitors today see
a course with tree-lined fairways that are always in good condition and
a delight to play. The course is fairly flat and although not long at
a maximum of 6,401 yards, it does offer a comfortable round for golfers
of all ages and handicaps.